Friday, April 6, 2018

Birthday Wishes and Happy Mother's Day



I made a festive and fun birthday card, inspired by the challenge at PTI Make it Monday #317: Using Outline Images.  I really liked this technique, because sometimes (often) I am too lazy to color, and this is a good way to add color to a card without having to color.



I used solid images from Birthday Style to add color with balloons and confetti, and then used some outline images from Tremendous Treats Birthday.  I like the way this came out, and will try it again, I am sure.  I am also entering this at Simon Says Monday Challenge: A Trio of Something---I followed the rule of threes for my balloons, stamping 3 balloons in each color, and I also stamped three of  the birthday cakes and cupcakes.  I am also entering this at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Happy Birthday.





My next card uses fresh spring colors for a Mother's Day card, and I am entering this card at Addicted to Stamps and More #286: Anything Goes.





Things will be a bit quiet on the blog for the next week, as I will likely only be posting scheduled posts for CASology and Time Out.  But, that does not mean my life is quiet.  Actually, quite the opposite.  In 2 MORE SLEEPS, I will be flying to Toronto to spend a week with Tracey McNeely and Kim Heggins.  This has been in the works for years and years, and now it is almost here.  Expect lots of pictures when I return home.


Thanks for Visiting

17 comments :

  1. VERY CUTE Birthday Card, for the PTI MIM Challenge! SUPER JOB with the solid images & the lined images!!! SO CUTE!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO beautiful!! I love the way you used the rule of three and your choice of colors. So very perfect and joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the sweet treats and fun colors....beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun looking card with just a few pops of color! I'm going to try to use this technique more often (especially on those "lazy" days!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, CUTE card Joyce!! Have a blast with Tracey and Kim...it is SO much fun to hang out with stamping friends!! 😊♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so pretty Joyce! Your first card is festive and fun, just like you set out to do! And the second with the vase of flowers for mom is wonderful. Looking forward to those pictures. You three are going to have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, how adorable! Perfect combo of images, Joyce! great layering too! And your vase is cas perfection. We're all watching for your Toronto posts. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun and clever birthday card with all those sweets, Joyce! Your vase of flowers is very pretty. Have a great time in Toronto...sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your birthday card is so festive, Joyce. Love this idea and may have to CASE it ;-)
    PS: have a great time with your stampin' friends

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a deliciously celebratory birthday card, Joyce ... those fun balloons add just a perfect touch of colour to the outline stamping! Gorgeous flowers ... they're so dainty in that sweet vase! Enjoy every moment of your trip! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! This is just too darn cute and as yummy as it gets! So in love with your sweet card! Maybe we can make a few of these while at Tracey's! See you tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet post and especially with your trip news!! Enjoy each moment crafting and being together! Looking forward to your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your mix of cake and balloons, Joyce - very festive birthday card! Thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have loved seeing cards using that technique, Joyce. Your images all work so well together. How fun to spend time with Kim and Tracey. Have a wonderful time and yes, do show pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card, love the color combo and design! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your outline design is great, so festive! Using colorful balloons worked perfectly! Enjoy your wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joyce two fabulous designs! Your MIM is perfect and I wish it was still on so I could play along too. Qthemexciting,part is that you are here at my house right now and I can play with your vases white you are. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...